Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

The Asami Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

The Asami Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

So, we have this beautiful, good, kind woman on Team Avatar. She followed her upbringing and turned against her father and is an ally to Korra.

What do you think of her?

Personally, I'm kind of waiting for her to turn into a huge antagonist. I have been since she was introduced. I think her kindness and good nature is going to be corrupted by her snapping and her saying to hell with it all. I mean she has every reason to snap and raise hell if you think about it. And she is quite capable of holding her own as a non-bender.

I think my favorite part is how people see the way she treats Korra is grounds for a ship, where I see it as grounds for her to snap.

Think of my thinking as a reverse Zuko; tries so hard to do the right thing and be good, but ultimately follows the footsteps of her antagonistic father.

But of course, I can be way wrong. She could be good and an ally all the way through.

So discuss your thoughts on Asami! Why you like her, why you don't, what you think will happen with her, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 am

I really like asami as a character, she is so pretty, strong, and independent even though she grew up with plenty of riches. And not to mention she went against her father to defend her bender friends, something that is very outstanding seeing how her mother was killed by benders, she had every right to rebel against benders and join her dad. And poor thing got hurt when Mako went from her to Korra, pretty bad move there Mako!
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 am

Reasons why I think she would be a great candidate to go bad Razz but I do love her. She's great.
Back to top Go down
CPKallday
White Lotus Sentry
Water Tribe

CPKalldayWhite Lotus SentryWater Tribe

Title : Mist-Illusionist

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Hanasakuya wrote:
Reasons why I think she would be a great candidate to go bad :Pbut I do love her. She's great.
I definitely think that Asami will end up turning on them. When me and my girlfriend were watching the show I kept telling her that she was going to turn on them. She had so many opportunities and didn't, I guess that just goes to show how teenagers are about "love" they'd choose their two day boyfriend over their father any day.

She'll turn on them eventually though now.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Sweeeeet, someone agrees with me! I remember throughout the entire time of Book 1 when Asami was introduced, I was like "she's gonna turn" and she didn't and I was so surprised every time. 

But she will.
Back to top Go down
CPKallday
White Lotus Sentry
Water Tribe

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm

My thoughts exactly. Idk why Mako would choose Korra over Asami anyway, besides the fact that she's the avatar. Man, Mako is pretty messed up first he steps on his brother's feet with Korra, then goes back to Asami and then second guesses himself with Korra, then Asami, then he goes back to Korra... The relationships in this series are a lot more fast paced than they were in the first series. haha. Kids and teenagers, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Most of the terrible character development throughout Book 1 was due to the fact that Bryke are not writers. Yes, they wrote quite a few amazing episodes in ATLA, but they never wrote the whole series. If they had a writing team to go over what they had written going from Point A to Point B would have been smoother and not as rushed even if they only had 13 episodes.

With that said, my opinion with Asami: I wouldn't be surprised if she just became an Anti-Hero. Not necessarily turning on Team Avatar, but definitely having that struggle since she has to deal with the crap Mako put her through. You take Mako out of the equation, Asami and Korra would get a long. I ship them as a couple, but I also friendship them as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if she does turn on them completely, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't and just becomes an Anti-Hero. Relationship wise, can she end up with Iroh? I know we didn't see much interaction between them in what we've seen, but I think there is potential for them. If Iroh is anything like his grandfather and his name sake he might be good for Asami after everything with Mako. But only after Asami has her independence stage and not have to depend on someone to help her since she can in fact take care of herself.
Back to top Go down
CPKallday
White Lotus Sentry
Water Tribe

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Yeah, I bet she starts diggin on Iroh. That'd make for good fire to get Mako jelly. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Asami Discussion Thread   The Asami Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Asami Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1