Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Princess Azula of the Fire Nation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Empty
PostSubject: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Here we can post our love or dislikes for Azula. Basically this is the main thread for anything and everything about Azula.

You can express your dislike for Azula, but please be respectful while expressing. And those who are defending will be respectful too.

If it turns into a debate, please move your said debate to the Theories, Debates, and Speculations forum.

If you want to discuss further relationships Azula has with others (whether it be romantic, friendship, kinship, etc.), please move said discussion to another thread in this forum.

Feel free to share anything about Azula.

Upon a optional request from our founder, here is the basic overall version of my Azula essay that I wrote for my Psychology 101 class. I'm not posting my whole essay on here because it has a lot of sources from my text book and other scholarly articles that would take a while to read.

Initially this paper was written in a response to another Tumblr user when we got into an argument/debate over Azula. The Tumblr user was bashing Azula a lot and saying how much they hated her only based on what was told to us from the series and not looking at it through more character study and other studies that are offered to us in our would.

Look at Travis Langley, he has a published book about Batman and Psychology.

So without further ado you have the option to read the general overview of my essay on Azula.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Ah. I really like that, yeah. I like how you took spinets of how characters viewed her/treated her and organized it into it what would craft Azula into who she would become/why she is the way that she is.

This is why I ship Tyzula, though. Because even though Azula forced Ty Lee into working with her, I feel that Ty Lee really cared about Azula and Azula truly cared about her. I think Ty Lee would be the one to show Azula how to love and that you don't need to be the strongest, the most powerful, or do any sort of bidding to be loved and people don't need to be or do those things to be loved. I mean after all, Ty Lee was the only person Azula seemed to even slightly treat as a friend. And she apologized to Ty Lee after she made her cry in the episode "The Beach".

The thing that ends up happening in most cases though when it comes to ships and in this case, deciding if Azula really cared about Ty Lee, is that people brush off these small tidbits that Azula does to show she cares about Ty Lee. And it's like, what would people like? Azula cannot do any grand gestures to show she cares. She can't do normal gestures. She can barely do small gestures. Why? Because she doesn't know how. And it links right back to Azula's messed up family and what messed her up as she grew up.

And I think Ursa was probably put into a position where she basically only got one child because Ozai had the other. Meaning, Azula showed promise, therefore she was Ozai's favorite. Therefore, Zuko would be neglected by Ozai because he'd spend all his time "grooming" Azula. Ursa then was "left" with Zuko and took him under her wing. He showed a more gentle, compassionate side from the beginning, which probably also caused the divide with the siblings.

It really is unfortunate. I feel like the root of all Azula's problems are due to the fact that she wasn't shown true love from her family. She was always used for something. Like, Ursa wanted to love her and wanted to help mold her into a wonderful young woman, but Azula was already too far gone with Ozai that nothing Ursa could do or say could really help or show Azula her mother's love. I mean Ursa did have to be tougher, yes, but that was due to the way Ozai was raising her. And I think that Azula began to figure out early on that she wasn't loved by her father but kept denying it to herself. Or kept telling herself that "if I just do x, y, and z, my father will love me and be proud of me". Since she figured Ozai didn't love her, she probably figured Ursa didn't love her either. Especially because Ursa had to be harsher with her than she did Zuko.

The same could probably be said with Iroh...he figured Azula was too far gone but Zuko wasn't. Iroh had also just lost his son, so he basically swept up Zuko in a sense to be a father to since Zuko was basically discarded by Ozai.

And overall, yes, I love Azula because she is so complicated and messed up. But it isn't her fault she's messed up. She's not your stereotypical antagonist because of this. She's just a messed up girl that was guided wrong. I think she has it in her to be a better person and be loving and compassionate -- she just needs to be shown the way.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:36 pm

The Beach is a huge indication on Azula's character. She couldn't be a normal teenager because she didn't know how. She was very punctual and rigid like she's supposed to be when in her father's court and in all those war meetings. The standard of the Fire Nation royals is that they're untouchable to their subjects unless they come to you first.

Nightmares and Daydreams is a prime example with Zuko taking the palanquin across from the palace to Mai's place. The servants didn't want him casually walking to Mai's.

With Iroh, I love him because of his experiences to make him the wise sage like character that he is, but I also really don't like him because of his reactions to Azula before Lu Ten's death. I'm going on the idea that it's because of their political and societal structure again (based of old Chinese political and societal) that she wasn't respected at much just because she's a girl and the youngest. When he sent those gifts to them from the front lines, Lu Ten was still alive. It only became worse after Lu Ten died. Even more so after Zuko was banished.

If things didn't get messed up she would never have come close to being crowned Fire Lord. Lu Ten would have been crowned after Iroh and then the royal line and ascension would have continued through Lu Ten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Azula_on_the_iron_throne_by_kissyushka-d5y518a

lol! Still a better ruler than Joffery.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Water Chieftess
Moderators Councilwoman

ChmiaWater ChieftessModerators Councilwoman

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 pm

That throne totally fits her!

Is that a Goku emoticon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Chmia wrote:
That throne totally fits her!

Is that a Goku emoticon?

Apparently, it's part of the default Emoticons. We should get ATLA/LOK Emoticons!
Back to top Go down
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:52 pm

But I have to hand it to Azula, for being of such a young age she was excellent at manipulating and of course a firebending prodigy. But again I guess she most likely felt the need to do this to get her father's attention. And even though she is a "bad" guy, I still love her :3
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 pm

As an off-topic note: we're working on potentially getting ATLA/LoK emoticons; our Media Councilwoman has just been very busy (read: hard at work for us). Some things will be rolled out at different times.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Azula of the Fire Nation   Princess Azula of the Fire Nation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Azula of the Fire Nation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1