Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
Hello! Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Call me, "Ayu".

I actually started ATLA two weeks before the series finale. I was at a teen summer workshop at the art school I'm currently attending when my summer workshop classmates were talking about ATLA. And my bro was watching it too, so I had to watch the series since I saw the trailer for Sozin's Comet and immediately took a liking to Azula without watching the series.

I did it. I watched the whole series in two weeks and then watched Sozin's Comet with my bro and his brothers. My bro was amazing and made sure there was a box of tissues for me when I broke down because of what happened to Azula.

The art, the story, and overall aspects of ATLA just blew me away. Azula is very much my favorite character, I'm a huge Azula stan. And I had the amazing fortune of getting to not just meet Grey DeLisle earlier this year, but I was one of the convention's volunteer staff who was assigned to her the whole weekend.

So, I got to spend a whole weekend with Grey DeLisle and it was my birthday weekend too! Best birthday gift from the universe ever.

I have cosplayed Azula in the past, currently on hiatus because I don't have a wig. I am also the co-president of the Seattle ATLA/LOK Group on Facebook.

That's basically my overall intro about ATLA/LOK and I.

Me personally: I'm a senior studying Visual Communication (Graphic Design) and Illustration. Next year I'll be joining the Navy after graduating college working in Mass Communication. I've been training in martial arts for over 15+ years and I hold two 2nd Degree black belts.

Yeah, that's about it for me.

Last edited by AgentAyu on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Welcome Ayu! I'm an Azula fan myself, though probably not as big of a fan as you are Wink

That's really frickin' amazing that you got to meet Grey DeLisle and you got to work with her at a convention. I can only imagine how amazing that was. ^^

That's also neat that you're joining the Navy after graduating college (I'm a Creative Writing major btw and will be a junior this fall).

Plus, super impressive that you have been doing karate for so long. I took it when I was younger and had to stop when I was almost a brown belt due to life complications. Always wished I could get back into it though.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:47 pm

It was definitely an amazing weekend to work with her. The best part of it was being the one to help her other fans meet her. There were a few kids who were overwhelmed by the crowd and the fact they were about to meet "Daphne" (Scooby-Doo).

One girl in particular was so scared that her mom was having trouble helping her daughter feel comfortable. I had to get one of my team mates to take over my spot so I could jump in line and entertain that girl as she and her mom moved through the line. I did my best (and terrible) Scooby impersonation for the girl and she was able to relax in the big crowd and was over ecstatic to be able to meet Grey DeLisle and get a picture with her. Her mother later found me on twitter and thanked me profusely.

It's moments like that I enjoy being a staff volunteer and making the other fans feel just as special when they meet their favorite celebrity.

I started in karate, but quit because I didn't like the school I was at. I transferred to a different school and study Tae Kwon Do and Modern Arnis. My mom wanted to be active in at least one sport of my choice, I saw one of my neighbors black belt test and fell in love with martial arts from then on. I'm on an indefinite hiatus from my current martial art school due to school and I need different kind of physical training to prepare myself for the Navy.

There are so many different martial art styles out there, I'm sure you'll find one that will fit you in the future when you can get back into it!
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Wow that's quite a wonderful story. You sound very lovely and like you know good things to do when they're called for. <3

And that's awesome. I can't remember what all schools I went to when I was younger, except for the latest and last one where I was a part of the Kenpo Red Dragons in my area. They're fantastic people.
Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 pm

If it wasn't for being at my martial art school as an Instructor, I probably wouldn't have done as well as being a volunteer staff.

I think I heard of your former school in Black Belt Magazine. I don't remember much about the article I read about them, but the name does sound familiar. It's astounding how much martial arts can influence your life, eh? =D
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

That is actually really something! And that would be very neat if you read about them in a magazine. I wouldn't be surprised if they had grown rather nicely/modestly.
Back to top Go down
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:21 pm

You are definitely quite dedicated.

I'm actually not quite the biggest Azula fan, which is quite surprising since I usually always love the BA villainess type. My hat off to Azula is she was the prime example of my favorite scene I've ever seen in ATLA. It was her big mental breakdown with the hallucination of her Mother. That scene just spoke to me and I loved every second of it.
Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 pm

It was heartbreaking. She is heavily misunderstood. At least to me she's misunderstood. Because she could have just as easily ended up like Zuko if certain scenes were different.

Also here's how big of an Azula fan I am. I accidentally wrote an essay about Azula a couple of years ago when I was having a very heavy argument debate with someone on Tumblr about her character. It was a written response and because of the length and sources I used, I turned it in as my Psychology 101 paper. The final paper was to analyses and fictional character from any series or movie. Got an 'A+'. xD
Back to top Go down
Kat404
White Lotus Sentry
Water Tribe

Kat404White Lotus SentryWater Tribe

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Oh my gosh, you like Azula?! She's one of my faves too, glad to see another fan of hers. <3

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum, Ayu. I find it interesting that you know martial arts.
Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks! One of the huge reasons that got me into ATLA/LOK was because of the martial arts in the series. When I was watching it I kept exclaiming, "OH, I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!" "OH, I NEED TO TRY THAT!"

It was very nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Water Chieftess
Moderators Councilwoman

ChmiaWater ChieftessModerators Councilwoman

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello! Welcome to the forum. ^.^ It's wonderful you have been interested in martial arts for so long and that you've been able to meet some interesting characters.
Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Martial arts is an amazing sport and lifestyle. As for all the interesting characters I meet, it does help working for tournaments and conventions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: Introductions, LOAs, and Farewells-
ChatBox