Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

The Beach Disussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

The Beach Disussion Empty
PostSubject: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 pm

The Beach is the 5th episode in Book 3. It gives us a huge insight on the fire nation gang. The thing that catches my attention the most is when Zuko is at his family's beach house. We seen flashes back from past trips and some family items.

Do you think it's possible that Zuko's family were happy at some time? As in his parents, him and Azula. We see Zuko's dad hand on his shoulder. I think it was possible that Ozai was a different kind of man before Zuko and Azula were a little bit older. Perhaps he loved his children at some point? I'm not saying he would be a super happy I love my children dad. Maybe as Ozai and Iroh age Ozai began to thirst for power and started to care less about his children's needs.

Thoughts? BTW This thread is for talking about anything that happened in the episode. I just thought we start the discussion about Zuko's family.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:55 pm

I feel conflicted now that The Search is slowly coming out. Because Azulon and Ozai just seemed...forceful toward Ursa that I can't picture when or even HOW they could be happy... But I guess you never know.

It makes me wonder though. Maybe before the whole shiz went down with Ursa/Ozai/Azulon, she faked it til she made it, and that made the situation better...? And then after this whole thing went down, everything continued south from there.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 pm

My thoughts prior to The Search: It was an arranged marriage, but they learned to love each other. I honestly believe at some point they loved each other. And that Ozai was a good father, however, my opinion with things that made Ozai they was he was in the show had to deal with Azulon. Ozai being the second born son wanted to get the praise and acknowledgment from Azulon just like Iroh probably was getting.

Ozai even named his daughter after his father. Right there makes me think how much Ozai wanted the acceptance of his father. Which in turn goes to my idea of him favoring Azula more than just because she's a prodigy, but because he knows what it was like getting the short end of the stick for being the second born child.

Thoughts The Promise and The Search: Even though we don't really see Ursa with Azula in the flashbacks, but we do in The Promise and The Search. She does love her daughter, but now that we know how Ursa and Ozai's marriage came to be... Ursa probably saw more and more of Ozai in Azula while Azula was growing up. That's probably one of the reasons for their estranged relationship. Ursa doesn't know what to do with her daughter acting like her husband she was forced to marry.

That episode it also showed that without the pressure of being the Prince and Princess, Azula and Zuko do care for each other as the brother-sister duo they are.

Last edited by AgentAyu on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 pm

I need to get to reading the comics. ^^* That would probably give me much better insight.

Was Ursa from a noble family? Seeing how Avatar Roku was her grandfather who was friend's with Ozai's grandfather I'm assuming so.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 pm

That wasn't really clear. I mean, probably in the Fire Nation Royal Family's eyes, mostly. But I don't think her family stood out anymore than a regular family did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Remember Roku was marked a traitor to the Fire Nation as well.

Also in the comic:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Yami wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoilers incase someone doesn't want to see them before they read the comics.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Yami wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to the episode. Obviously this was a huge character development/insight on all four of them, especially Zuko and Azula.

I'm personally curious on how others view Azula's actions and reactions during the party at Chan's. From when all four of them arrive until Zuko abruptly leaves/kicked out of the party.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Clearly Azula felt awkward during the party. She really has no people skills. All she knows is to scare people into submission.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 pm

I'd be lying if I were to say this wasn't one of my favorite episodes...

I also like that you see just how messed up Azula is in this episode. You see her unable to display the appropriate emotions in certain situations and you see that she can't even function in a normal teenager setting.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 pm

It's my favorite Azula episode.
Back to top Go down
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 pm

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes. The episode allowed us to get a background story of Ty Lee and Mai. It also allowed us to see how guilty Zuko truly felt about everything. One of the biggest parts I liked was that Azula seemed perfect at everything, but we get to see how she's really socially awkward. Her desire for power and her pride take over way too much of her life.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 am

The volleyball scene was hilarious. XD

So about Ty Lee's family. Was her and sisters sextuplets or did they just look pretty much alike? I'm guessing they looked pretty much alike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 am

Septuplets. Have to include Ty Lee. It's Ty Lee + six sisters who look exactly a like her.

Ty Lee did say, "It's like I don't even have my own name!" 

They're septuplets because the odds of having six sisters of various ages looks so identical to each other. Plus with them being born together and being identical the parents would mix up their seven daughters which meant Ty Lee didn't have her own name if she was called one of the other six names.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Opps I thought it was her and 5 sisters. Did she say they were all the same age?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:55 pm

No. But it's implied with their choice of words.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Ahh! I guessed I heard wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:59 pm

"Being part of a match set.", "Having six sisters who looks exactly like me. It's like I don't even have my own name!"

Those are the two quotes that imply septuplets.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Dang it! I thought she said 5! XD I was just thinking deeply about Zuko's family when I was watching it so I misheard her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Speaking of that particular scene in The Beach. Mai.

Being a diplomat's daughter is not easy. But her feelings for her family. What are others' thoughts?

Also I have spoilers I will mention that come from the comics, but not from The Promise nor The Search.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beach Disussion   The Beach Disussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beach Disussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Republic City :: Avatar: The Last Airbender-
ChatBox