Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Korra vs. Aang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

Korra vs. Aang Empty
PostSubject: Korra vs. Aang   Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 am

We have a second Avatar we're getting to know; Korra. My question for you guys is: What do you guys think of Korra in comparison to Aang? Personality-wise, ability-wise, belief-wise, etc.. The two Avatars are vastly different from one another and Korra is completely different from the Avatar we're used to.

We have Aang, who was very rational and tried to reason out everything/solve all his problems with the good of his heart rather than do something he'd regret or would haunt him for the rest of his days. Not to mention, he was a very wise boy. At the same time, he was a rather cheerful, silly child, like anyone his age would (should) be.

Then we have Korra. I love that she's tough and basically a badass. But she is definitely an inpulse, hot-headed Avatar. But then, she also seems to retain some of Aang in her, with her silliness.

Korra vs. Aang Ep1-342Korra vs. Aang Tumblr_mbg3q4AOMO1rt5doho1_500
(best I could find; I literally couldn't find the parallel image anywhere. I'd have to rewatch all 12 episodes to find the smile and take a screenshot).

amirite?

How do you think the two Avatars stack up against one another? Naturally we have more development of Korra to see, but we can use what we know of her now to compare and contrast the two Avatars. And also, who do you like better? Why?
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

Korra vs. Aang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra vs. Aang   Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm

At this very moment, I like Aang better than Korra. From what I've seen of Aang, he comes with compassion and sincerity, allowing the opponent a choice of peace to avoid unnecessary violence. That's a great leader in my opinion. From what I've seen of Korra, she seems to have a bit of an ego and even more naive than Aang was. When it came down to everything, she was a coward compared to the personality she let off. 

I'm sure we'll see an evolution of her personality into the Avatar she's meant to become, but right now I'm not very fond of her.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

Korra vs. Aang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra vs. Aang   Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 am

I like how both of them are different from each other and yet the same at the same time. I think they stand well against each other. I believe each carnation may have some personality traits from the last carnation or ones from the past.

I really like them both and I can't pick one over the other. I like how Aang is a young a kid who has to save the world. It's awesome to see him grow throughout the series. As for Korra I love her tomboyish ways, but at the same time she questions her feminine side. It's a great to see a girl character is who both tomboyish and feminine.
Back to top Go down
thinkincolors
Water Moderator

thinkincolorsWater Moderator

Korra vs. Aang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra vs. Aang   Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 pm

i love that korra is a strong-willed awesome female protagonist. i love that she holds her own, and i think it's awesome they chose a water bender Razz

but thus far, i gotta say i still like aang better. he is, and will continue to be, one of my top favorite characters in cartoons because, i love him. and i need more material to decide whether or not i like korra or aang better.

she has potential, though.
Back to top Go down
http://thinkincolors.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Korra vs. Aang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra vs. Aang   Korra vs. Aang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Korra vs. Aang

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1